Alee's birth certificate has her only 11, not over 12, as originally thought, which is great because she now qualifies for child air-fare! I expressed her ticket back to the agent yesterday and got it reissued. It cost me $30ish to send it (had to use Fed-Ex because it was the only carrier who hadn't picked up, and with Monday being a holiday, waiting to send it today would have been risky), but I saved about $250, so it was worth it :)
I talked to an Ethiopian friend at work today - ok, I talk to her several times a week, but today's conversation specifically is that she is going to see what she can find me to do in Addis with our kids, and where good places to shop would be. She hasn't lived there for a few years, so she asked her family to think about it and she'll give me info next week. She recommends bringing home lots of Teff, since it's hard to find here, and expensive when you do find it. Hopefully they won't have a problem with that. She also said to buy un-roasted coffee, not roasted to bring home. I was already planning on getting 40 lbs or so of coffee, since I certainly won't be able to beat the price!
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The ticket attempted to come yesterday, but wasn't left because the mail person never came to deliver - just left a "we tried to deliver" notice in the box - although someone was here all day...
Oh well, that's why we expressed it, since there's no mail on Monday, at least will get it Tuesday.
Post a Comment