Sunday, January 7, 2007

No new news yet

Ok, so you ask "why bother posting to tell us nothing?" Well, lots of people ask "have you heard anything else yet?", so this is my corporate way of saying "nope!".

Based on the info we have about people who had court dates close to ours, we still think that our embassy date will be the 23rd, and because we had to make a decision for travel, we've purchased and paid for our tickets. What an ordeal finding a credit card that had enough credit limit to pay for 2 round trip and 3 one way tickets to / from Ethiopia! - took about 3 tries and a couple calls to my bank... had the money in my checking account, but they won't authorize over $1000 at a time. I found another card we hadn't used for a while - it still had our old address - and it seems that they raised our credit limit since we last used it, and it was high enough to pay for the tickets. Praise God that got taken care of before we lost them!

We're still coming back 2 days late since the flight we wanted was booked, but we're wait listed, and may possibly get in for the earlier return date. They were able to get 3 seats, but the way the tickets are booked, we can't split up the parents, so 1 parent taking 1 or 2 of the kids home separately from the other(s) wasn't an option.

Anyway, I didn't update this sooner because I have been pretty sick since Wednesday on the drive home from work with major sinus congestion / dizzyness (missing 2 days of work in a row - which is something I can't recall ever happening in the past 7 years). I get these sinus infections almost every year, but last year was horrible and I went on 3 bouts of antibiotics, including 1 prescribed by a specialist. However, I've read up on it, and antibiotics are fairly ineffective in curing sinus congestion. The specialist last year said it was not going away because I was under too much stress - can't imagine why... ;) And although it's different, this year's not much better in the stress area. I need a couple of years without major life-changing events to let my body recover.

I started feeling a bit better Friday afternoon, and managed to get a lot of house work done this weekend. Hopefully mommy will get enough done this week that a consolidated effort next weekend will complete it - but next weekend's it (unless we hear otherwise).

I really want to make sure that when the kids come home, it's to a clean house, because I think that if they came to a messy house, it would stay that messy for the foreseeable future. Also, I'm tired of having a messy house. We've lived here 9 months now and for some reason it just hasn't been able to get clean yet. We can get all but 1 room done, which was OK when we had an unused bedroom, but now we actually need all the rooms in the house :)

No comments: