Well, life has been busy, and has just gotten busier with school being over. I was looking forward to lazy days of summer, but my schedule has been intense. And school isn't really over, we do it year round here. Life round?
My children have grown a whole lot. In the fall I'll be tutoring for our local Classical Conversations where all 4 children will be attending in the fall. When we took Eldest out of the University-Model School in January we enrolled her in Classical Conversations (CC for short) and it was the perfect fit for what we needed. Classical education is based on the Trivium, or three paths of Grammar, Dialectic and Rhetoric. Young children can memorize tons of information, young teenagers start delving into the whys and hows and older teens and adults (should be able to) synthesize the information they understand to make points and persuasive arguments and draw conclusions. So all 4 will be memorizing facts, according to their ability about U.S. History with a class once a week.
Eldest son had his last day of public school (ever?) yesterday. Next week he starts homeschool again while Princess has Basketball camp. For most afternoons we plan to be at the pool. I have hopes to clean things out and organize and move where we do school work, but those jobs may be saved for rainy afternoons... I don't know. The week after Eldest Son has Baseball camp and then we go camping with our friends from Mount Oak.
So - we're doing pretty well. I've spent less time on the computer, and therefore less time thinking about blogging. I know people I love want to read updates however, so here is one.
-Mommy
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment